Software Engineer (12 month placement)
We have a number of opportunities for vibrant undergradutes during their year in industry.
The Software Engineer role allows you to develop your skills and work as part of a team developing live projects and is perfect for those who are looking to increase their knowledge and gain real experience.
Our Software Engineering placement is a 1 year, full time, paid placement where you will be a part of our close knit team. You will get the chance to gain experience across the full software development lifecycle, working up and down our tech stack, but also be given the chance to prove yourself and become an invaluable asset to Nova. We have a solid track record of offering graduate roles to our placement students.
- You will be involved at all stages of the software development life cycle. You will liaise with the product owner to collaborative on turning product requirements into actionable user stories and ship code regularly.
- As a placement student, you will undergo a 3 month induction programme designed to give you knowledge of the tools, languages and frameworks that we use. Once you have completed this, you will join an agile development time and ship production code on a day to day basis.
- Our approach to development is inspired by Lean Manufacturing Principles, building quality and automation into everything that we do. Everything that can be tested is tested, and everything that can be automated is automated, so that no human ever has to repeat themselves, that is what computers are for!
- We have a commitment to the continuing development of our placement students. Our scheme is designed so that placement students under-go a 12 month placement and, if successful, return to University with the offer of a part-time job during their final year and full time position waiting for them upon graduation.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and available for a 12 month, full time, placement starting Summer 2018
- Comfortable writing code in at least one language, such as C# or Java
- We are looking for students with a passion for software development. We would love to see anything you've done outside of your studies/career.