Who are we?
Nova is a Liverpool-based venture builder, launched in 2009. We partner with entrepreneurs to turn ideas into successful, scalable tech startups, in sectors including healthtech, fintech and edtech.
With no personal capital investment required, Nova provides entrepreneurs with mentorship, guidance and funding. We invest in startups at the ‘ideas stage’, and with our team of 20+ startup mentors - plus over 100 designers, software engineers and marketers globally. Our business takes a startup from idea, to product, to market with startup success rate is six times higher than the industry average.
What We Are Passionate About
- Working with talented people
- Solving real world problems
- Creating disruptive digital products and services
- Providing great user experience
- Using lean innovation management
- Agile delivery practices
What’s the job role?
The Marketing Manager is responsible for the successful creation and delivery of marketing activities for Nova's portfolio of tech startups. You’ll be hands-on with execution and, with the support of a small collaborative team of UK and overseas marketeers, your work will be instrumental to the success of our early stage tech businesses.
You’ll lead by example, championing the skills and capabilities of the team as well as ‘lean’ marketing activities that minimise waste, deliver high-quality learning and startup growth. In a fast paced environment you’ll display agility to maintain high quality standards whilst managing the rapid change and marketing requirements of growing startups.
- Strategising with startup teams and agreeing marketing specific goals and responsibilities
- Defining the team, budget and tactics required to deliver the above goals
- Executing the marketing strategy and tactical campaign plans to agreed spec
- Delivering high founder and internal team satisfaction
- Maximising team utilisation across the UK and offshore teams
- Empowering startup co-founders to market themselves and their businesses effectively
- Tracking and analysis of marketing campaigns, reporting and, where required, adapting to improve performance
- Uncovering consumer and market insights and feeding these into product development
- Managing the creative development of website designs, copy, video, advertisements, promotional material and other marketing related projects
- Prioritisation and management of the Marketing department workload
- Support the professional development of marketing team
The ideal candidate for the Marketing Manager role would be an entrepreneurial thinker with the energy, enthusiasm and confidence to input fresh ideas, challenge people and processes and deliver outstanding marketing value to our startup businesses.
The core skill and experience requirements are:
- A marketing degree or relevant formal marketing qualification
- Management level experience in a growth focused marketing role
- Multi-channel campaign management experience (paid and non-paid) Self-starter with the ability to execute and iterate quickly
- Solid knowledge of website and campaign analytics tools
- Solid knowledge of search engine marketing
- Experience of working on website and digital project builds
- Budgeting and project management experience
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with a positive and proactive attitude
- Experience of working in a early stage fast-growth tech business would be an advantage
Our aim is to provide an amazing place for great people to work. We do this in a number of ways;
- Gifted shares in Nova after 12 months service
- Work from anywhere and at anytime
- Unlimited paid time off
- Personal development allowance
- Monthly fitness allowance to use how you wish
- Company pension scheme
- Weekly onsite Yoga (when restrictions lifted)
- Onsite bar that's fully stocked and always free
How do I apply?
Whilst lockdown and social distancing measures continue, all interviews will be conducted via phone or video call. If you are invited to be interviewed in person, this will be in accordance with strict covid-secure workplace regulations.