Head of Business Development
Who are we?
Nova Growth Capital, a growing VC firm in the UK, is looking for an individual to lead and grow its distribution and sales team . Currently in the process of raising their latest fund, they are looking to hire an experienced individual to lead out on future raising requirements whilst maintaining and growing existing relations.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to make this role their own.
What do we do...
We cofound startups, providing investment, consultancy and delivery expertise.
We are passionate about...
- working with talented people
- to solve real user problems
- by creating disruptive digital products and services
- with great user experience
- using lean innovation management
- and agile delivery practices
Because we are able to reduce the risk of start-up failure by addressing the most common reasons for it, we are able to provide a greatly de-risked investment opportunity to clients within our IFA network.
This role plays a critical part in the development of our SEIS and EIS fund, client relationships and shaping the direction of travel for Nova.
What is the role…
This is a leadership role with overall accountability for the development of our inhouse SEIS fund.
Overtime this role will have responsibility for growing the BDM team who between them manage our relationship with the IFA network.
The role is not typical and nor should you be…
- Take ownership of our fund sales strategy
- Grow our funds through your own network and the use of the BDMs
- Manage investor relations
- Increase the number of Advisors who positively engage with Nova and deploy into our fund
- Be the expert, providing in field support where required with solid technical expertise
- Manage your own region/network and deliver the best service expected
- Hosting of regular IFA events, from Breakfast seminars through to full conference events (virtually while restrictions are in place)
- Working with our functional business partners to continually review and improve our offering from marketing to administration support
- Embed a sales culture that delivers high performance whilst maintaining quality service and absolute integrity
- Be a genuine all rounder - Comfortable in the detail while delivering our big picture
- Grow and manage your sales and sales support team over time
- The ability to build long term relationships built on trust and respect
- Experience and relationships within the tax efficient investment community (SEIS/EIS/VCT)
- Excellent communication skills across all platforms
- Demonstrable experience of developing a BD / Sales team
- Proven record of influencing within the IFA network
- Expert level knowledge if investments products and financial markets
Our aim is to provide an amazing place for great people to work. We do this in a number of ways;
- Gifted shares in Nova after 12 months service
- Work from anywhere and at anytime
- Unlimited paid time off
- Personal development allowance
- Monthly fitness allowance to use how you wish
- Company pension scheme
- Weekly onsite Yoga (when restrictions lifted)
- Onsite bar that's fully stocked and always free
This is success based package based on your personal and team performance.
How do I apply?
Whilst lockdown and social distancing measures continue, all interviews will be conducted via phone or video call. If you are invited to be interviewed in person, this will be in accordance with strict covid-secure workplace regulations.