We Are Nova...
We cofound tech startups. Providing investment, mentorship and delivery expertise to people who want to start tech businesses.
We are passionate about...
- working with talented people
- to solve real user problems
- by creating disruptive digital products and services
- with great user experience
- using lean innovation management
- and agile delivery practices
If you share our passion, and think you fit the descriptions below, we'd love to hear from you.
We’re looking for an awesome multi-skilled electronics engineer. Someone with the heart of a hacker and up to date skills and experience who can start from scratch to develop robust tech solutions to real world problems!
This exciting role will help shape products within our start-up founder’s businesses and will play a pivotal role in changing the lives of end users.
You will be
- Working on the design of sensors and sensing systems, electronic systems, intelligent monitoring systems and communications for applications and devices
- Starting from a blank sheet of paper and devising engineering solutions to the problems our founders want to solve
- Contributing at every stage of the product development lifecycle - design, development and testing of new and enhanced products and supporting product design, integration, validation and handover to production partners
- Applying technical expertise, initiative and problem solving techniques to produce prototypes and carry out experiments
- Carrying out required technical support for founders
- Utilising quantitative and qualitative analysis, where necessary to determine or evaluate practice and provide assistance with the interpretation of results
- Working in a multiskilled engineering team with a dynamic interactive culture - teaching and learning from your colleagues
- Working in collaboration with the broader Nova team
- Supporting product managers to help them plan the work
- Getting out the lab to interact and work with end users and founders
Nova is a constantly growing and evolving company. The role will develop to suit both the company’s evolution and your professional development
What skills/experience you will need for the role
- A degree in an electronic engineering focused course
- Up to date experience in: -
- Researching and identifying technical solutions to real world problems
- Defining product system architecture
- Designing and developing PCBs
- Developing embedded firmware
- Researching, devising and implementing data processing methodologies
- Building prototypes and validating the technical solution
- Experience in rapid prototyping of electronic solutions to prove something will work
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent analytical ability.
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to think logically and evaluate and understand each element that makes up a system.
- Practical or theoretical experience with solving complex engineering problems.
- An excellent grasp on engineering mathematics and signal processing
- The ability to work in a team.
What technologies and development tools you might be working with
- Sensors (Microphones, Accelerometers, Capacitive, Optical..)
- Comms (WiFi, LoRAWAN, ZigBee, Bluetooth..)
- SBCs (Pi, Arduino, Feather..)
- Back End Interfaces (IoT, MQTT, RESTful APIs..)
- Software Packages (Altium, MatLab)
- Loads of other stuff - battery tech, wireless charging, embedded UI, product fault diagnostics...
Nova operates under a ‘work from anywhere’ policy so we support remote working where possible. Due to the nature of hardware development we have a hardware lab based at our offices for times where you just have to be at the bench!
We want you to share our values which are...
- Be inquisitive enough to understand the problem
- Be creative enough to conceive the right solution
- Be brave enough to challenge and be challenged
- Be inclusive enough to bring a diverse mix of people with you
- Be honest enough to recognize, discuss and learn from failure
- Be determined enough to see it through
- Give a $h*7 and have fun
For further information or to discuss the role further please apply now!